Innovative Marine Aquariums

dracula goby missing

Remus

I had been keeping this dracula goby with yellow piston shrimp in a burrow for 6 months. It took them 2 months to appear and then they came out and became active. 5 days ago my goby is missing inside the burrow and only the piston shrimp is inside. Could the piston shrimp attack the goby and eat it up. BTW my tank is full of bristleworm and the shimp, gony and bristleworm share the same burrow. I hear before piston shrimp when they grow to adult size they might attack their goby. It been 5 days since I saw my goby. 

Thrassian Atoll

My Dracula jumped through quarter inch mesh in my lagoon I had.  That guy didn’t want to be in there at all.  I always found him in my filter floss too.  

Nope i haven seen it for almost 3 weeks already, but my piston is still in there and digging all over place. I notice it been digging alot recently. unsed to be only one side when my goby is in there. When i do water change today never found it any way near other place as in overflow,filter or the floor as i have a cover for my tank as i have alot kinds of goby and a couple of them jumped out and die before so i got myself  a cover. Very strange behaviour of my piston as it seem to dig even more recently and i also have a yasha inside but my yasha down go into the burrow only dracula goby went in and paired. They been together for 6 months already only recently the dracula went missing. i heard that when piston grew to adult size sometime they might attack goby even if it is paired. And mine was a yellow piston shrimp not sure how aggressive it was as i heard candy and tiger seem to be more popular and reef safe.   

Pistol shrimp don't generally attack their gobies. They need the goby as a lookout. If you can't find your goby, it's either hiding very well, it died of something else and the worms ate it, or it jumped out and a pet ate it. 

You have more than one shrimpgoby in the tank? Sometimes they'll fight. The yasha might have chased it out. 

I've never heard of a yellow pistol shrimp, do you have a picture?

I dun think so it hiding, when I bought it I still can see it inside. But recently it dissappear for 3 week now. I not sure how it die as well as the day before it went missing it was hyper active and fighting for food. Indo not have the picture of my piston as it hard to see it alway inside. But I do have a similar photo in the Internet. 

Screenshot_20200504-145450_Samsung Internet.jpg