Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquaone Ocellaris 850 (not UV) filtering media

GreatBarrierReef

GreatBarrierReef

Hello, 

I am just trying (for a month) a 70 litres aquarium.

There is a simple cycled pump and two wave makers (small) plus eBay light 😄

Fish? Yellow Tail Blue Damsel, Clownfish (Nemo), Blue Tang (Dory) - yes, I know she will soon outgrow the tank, and a Domino Damsel. Plus 4 little corals.

Sorry, risky, I know.

I have even put sand! Plus live rocks. Used Probibio to start quicker.

Now...

Is it Ok to use this canister filter?

What are the preferred media to insert into the different levels of this filter. I was using it for FreshWater and today at the store I saw "MARINE"!!!

Also, is it Ok to cycle it as I go? I mean, leave my hanging little filter there, start The Aquaone Ocellaris and later switch off the hanging filter.

Huge thanks in advance...

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-23 at 14.57.35.jpeg

I don't understand, are you only keeping this tank for a month? What does "just trying" mean? If your hang on back filter is working, I would stick with that. Canister filters can get detritus build up which can harm marine tanks. As for media, use filter floss and carbon. Other medias are only needed if you have issues with nitrates and phosphates. Your live rock is the bulk of your filtration.

Your stocking list is a plan for disaster. Three damsels (clown is a damsel) and a tang? All aggressive fish. If you plan to keep this tank for any amount of time please get rid of the tang and domino damsel. How large are they right now?

How did you cycle this tank and how long has it been set up? What are your parameters? This info will help determine what you need for filtration.