SaltCritters.com

TMC dosing container troubleshooting

CC26

I have recently purchased a D-D P1 dosing pump (this is a re-skinned Kamoer X1) as well as a TMC EASI-Dose 1.5L dosing container. After setting them up, I tried to prime the pump but realised after a while that it was taking much longer than it conceivably should - there were still air bubbles in the tube after 5 or so minutes of non-stop pumping. I checked to see what the issue could be and found that air bubbles were being formed in the tubing immediately past the connector joining together the tubing that came with the container and that which came with the dosing pump (the connector itself came with the container). Picture below for reference. The tubing is attached tight as tight can be, by the way. The pump tubing is not pushed in all the way only because its diameter is slightly smaller and wouldn't fit all the way. However, it is so tight that I can't even remove it anymore. What could be the problem here? I tried googling to see if this was a common problem with these dosing containers and it doesn't seem to be so.

IMG_20200417_012349_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did you talk to TMC or the place where you bought it yet?

Consider re-titling the thread...sounds from the title like you need help filling a dosing container.  😉

You should get better responses if you include more terms from your main post in the thread and don't mention the dosing container.

Something like:  "D-D P1 dosing pump/Kamoer bubble problems"

On 4/30/2020 at 7:34 AM, mcarroll said:

Did you talk to TMC or the place where you bought it yet?

Consider re-titling the thread...sounds from the title like you need help filling a dosing container.  😉

You should get better responses if you include more terms from your main post in the thread and don't mention the dosing container.

Something like:  "D-D P1 dosing pump/Kamoer bubble problems"

Hey dude, I appreciate the response!

I ultimately managed to figure it out on my own. I'll post the solution here just in case anyone runs into the same problem later on and comes across this thread.

Like I said in the original post, I forced the dosing pump's tubing onto the connector as tightly as possible. Turns out that that was the issue, for reasons still unknown to me. I fixed it by cutting off the bit of tubing attached to the connector (I had forced it so tight that it was impossible to pry off) and reattached it tight enough that it definitely wouldn't leak, but I didn't brute force it as far as I physically could.