ReefCleaners.org

40 Breeder Lighting

Cmharper50

I have a 40 breeder and need to upgrade my lighting as it no longer fits my needs. I’m currently running 2 knock off LEDs, the ones in inappropriate reefers 10 gallon series and a LED grow light I bought off of amazon. I want to lean towards LEDs and adjustable ones. I want to be able to fine tune my lighting. I’m currently restarting my reef and have no livestock currently, I want to have everything besides SPS in my tank pretty much or at least have the option too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Cmharper50

I finally found a light actually, ended up using a mars aqua led, the 30in one if I’m correct. My LFS didn’t carry reef tank lighting or where freshly out of stock so went with eBay. Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

That's a ton of light for that size of tank.  If there's anything like corals or plants already living in there, make the switch GRADUALLY.

Cmharper50

I made the switch gradually and wouldn’t have done it any other way, my corals already seem WAY happier. I don’t think I will ever have the lights running 100 percent just because like you said it’s a lot of lighting. 

• Like 1