Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Moved my 20 to a 29

Rmcm2424

I've been in college away from home and my tanks for a year now and needless to say my little 20 gallon nano was not doing well. Mom called and said it looked bad and she thought stuff was dying...I had a used 29G tank here in Knoxville and bought an Aquarium Lifesupport systems MR500 trickle filter from www.aquariumconnection.com to use as my sump and had ALSS build me a custom skimmer (their 22v was too tall to fit in my stand). I cycled the tank with a chromis, took a trip home and transported my 30 lbs. of liverock, my single clown (I had 2), and the few corals I had left (most had died) back home. Here's what I've done so far (forgive me my digicam is busted so I can't see the settings to change anything or turn the flash off, but you'll get the idea.)

nano1.JPG

nano3.JPG

And here is my awesome sump:

nano2.JPG

I have a ton of work to do to get this thing back to where I had it or where I want it. Of course I need money to get coral and I'd also like to get some more rock. I've got all sorts of corals planned for this system and hopefully some different fish. I'm still planning but I'll keep you updated on the tank's progress.

I like the mound style aquascape. The mushrooms are a good compliment to the shape right now. I think you'll have a good foundation when you're finally able to get up and going with new livestock. Best of luck, I hope you enjoy the renovations.

I like the look of it right now...I would like to get more rock to continue the rockpile higher up in the tank. Some of the corals I have picked up will be attached to rocks and one more large might piece might do the trick. I'll probably bring home somethings tomorrow from work that have caught my eye (I work at a lfs) if I have some money in the checking account. Green star polyps (which I used to have before my tank went to hell in mom's care) and a green fuzzy mushroom rock. I also want to get some colorful zoo's but we don't have many right now. I would also like to get some more colorful mushrooms, slowly but surely I'll add stuff. We have a few nice long polyp leathers and some other stuff that looks good. I need a larger credit account :)

Archived