Top Shelf Aquatics

Algae problem

F3NIX

mitten_reef
1 hour ago, F3NIX said:

What type of algae is this? And how do I get rid of it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's NOT a problem - very normal, considering your tank just finished cycling in another topic you posted.

time to consider ordering some clean-up crews.  most snails should take care of the green film algae pretty well.  try to find ones appropriate for your tank size.

• Like 3

Thanks guys for the responses! I got a clean UP crew with 2 clown fish, 2 bangai and a blood red fire shrimp and a citrinus clown goby.  Looking amazing so far! My level are all good and have 10ppm nitrates. Imma try and keep some nitrates cuz I don’t want the tank too clean. I feel like the corals don’t like it too clean. And I have an algae scrubber. This tank has an OP chemical, bio and mechanical filtration system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, F3NIX said:

Looking amazing so far! My level are all good and have 10ppm nitrates. Imma try and keep some nitrates cuz I don’t want the tank too clean. I feel like the corals don’t like it too clean. And I have an algae scrubber. This tank has an OP chemical, bio and mechanical filtration system.

Great to hear!

You're right about making sure that nutrients don't run down, but keeping an eye on phosphates is far more important that nitrates.  In fact nitrate levels don't seem that important at all.  (Prolly cuz that's only one of MANY forms of nitrogen available in a tank.)