Coral Vue Hydros

Yellow tip damsels.why are they attacking just one.

Yvonne

24 minutes ago, Yvonne said:

Why are 2 of my yellow tip damsels attacking the 3rd one 

It's aggression behaviour, they shaol together and will squabble for dominance. Because you only have 3 the two dominant fish are taking the aggression out on the 3rd

Wc_aquariums

Some times fish pick on other fish because that one it week or your not feeding then enough try to feed them a bit more and see if anything changes.

Candymancan

Damsels are terrors of this hobby..  I wouldnt buy anymore if it were me.. I have only 2 in my 135 gallon 6ft tank.. and those two are utter chaos.  They attack my arms when in the tank and they are bossy of all the fish in the tank except the larger tangs..  I cant get any new fish because of them.  They litterally attack dwarf angels, wrasses and everything you can think of.  I finally caught one today and tossed him in the 60g hex ment for bad fish..  As soon as he went in there the Velvet damsel i have beat the crap outa him..  I hate these fish..  My friend says flush em.. but na i can do that to anything living.. so they'll just live out there lives ina tank with other bullies..

Hate those fish..  The all blue ones are very pretty.. and very very blue.. but yea... cant have a $5 fish kill a $100 dwarf angel

• Like 1

Yeah, don't flush them. It's not their fault they're aggressive- they don't deserve a slow, painful death just for behaving as their instincts tell them to. 

Yellowtail blue damsels aren't bad at all. They pick and defend a cave, but that's it. A lot of the other blue and yellow ones are really mean, though.