Innovative Marine Aquariums

New Nano Reef

Anthonyh821

Hi all. This is my first post on this forum. I have a 6g Eclipse with the stock bio-wheel. I converted the 8w light to to 13w PC lights. They are combo lights with 10000k/acitic. I have about 7-8lbs of LR and and a 1-2 sand base. I have 10lbs of live sand coming in tomorrow that I am going to add to the sand that I already have. I am going for a 3-4 DSB. I am also getting a cup of sand from an established tank that has all kinds of critters in. It has been setup for about 3 weeks. The LFS told my to put a damsel in at the beginning so thats what I did. After 2 weeks I started getting some macro algea so I bought 3 snails. (1 astrea, 1 starcus (sp?) and 1 turbo) My question is what kind of additives should I use. I have some RO water that I use for my topoff and they said it already has buffer in it so I don't need to add anything. Is this true? Also while my tank is cycling do I need to do any water changes? And once it's done cycling what do yall suggest to do for my water changes? Weekly or biweekly 1 gallon or 2? Sorry this is such a long post but any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am from Dallas is there any local people here?

Archived