SaltCritters.com

MQ-210 Correction For LED

oba97

So I accidentally rented a MQ-210 vs 510. I have done some searching and getconflicting information. When using the 210 for reading LED’s do I need to use a correction factor? A couple of posts say you have to multiple by 1.38, others have said 1.08?

I have reached out to both BRS and Apogee and didn’t get a straight answer. Apogee didn’t direct me to a page with some correction factors but I don’t understand it.

im hoping I can get a consensus on what (if any) correction factor I should use.

I have a photon V2 fixture

I understand I should have rented the 510 but it’s too late now.

Honestly it sounds like you most likely don't need a PAR meter.  (You'd understand the conversion sheet if you really needed PAR.)

I'd suggest taking some readings with the PAR meter and don't worry too much about conversions – just do it in a consistent/systematic manner that you can repeat again later.

Then buy an inexpensive lux meter for $7-$20 anywhere online.  Repeat the same measurements you did with the PAR meter.

Put the two measurements together and then you have a 100% accurate (defined as the MQ-210) lux:PAR conversion factor for your lighting setup.   (e.g. 100,000 lux:2,000 PAR gives you a conversion factor of 50.   So 15,000 lux is 300 PAR.  Your conversion factor will not be 50, BTW...that's for sunlight at mid-day.  Just an example.  Let us know what you end up with for a conversion factor if you get a lux meter!)

Use the lux meter day to day when needed.   This is all I've ever used or needed.  PAR has never come up.

But if you end up needing PAR for some reason, apply your conversion factor