Top Shelf Aquatics

Bboi84’s 8.2l

bboi84

So it’s time to do the tank build thread for tank number 2. Unfortunatly I missed the start of the competition but I will try and run alongside lol. 

the plan for this one is a rock flower anemone tank with a few inverts. Maybe a nano goby but not sure yet 

tank - aquaponic 10l 

light - tmc nano+

pump- 550lph pump

heater - interpet 50w Heater 

livestock - rock flower anemones 

- anemone crab 

- harlequin shrimp

- sexy shrimp

- Pom Pom crab 

- nano goby of some sort maybe 
So here is the first 3 pictures.

I got the tank for a steal at work so couldn’t turn it down I decided as this was just a bare tank that I would build a rock wall. But could also use it to keep the equipment behind. Measured the space to make sure everything fits and then started to slowly silicone rocks together. Once I had done that I epoxied the whole back to make sure there was no where that any inverts could get through into the back

7C2197C3-6847-4451-A6D0-139EC40941A6.jpeg

7B91E87B-C9BB-4CA5-97E9-F2FFE713184C.jpeg

CF410344-5CD8-4BCB-ABD1-0A88E981C923.jpeg

• Like 2

So today I have added the light and the sand and the water. Just waiting for the water to settle and clear and get up to temp. Am really enjoying this tank can’t wait to get the first of the anemones in in the next few days really annoying that I can’t get a clear pic as it looks much better in person 

E2D465BC-E372-4F8F-B19E-FA3864CBB263.jpeg

72DBA639-43F8-43C2-B586-D03A75740A81.jpeg

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Congrats on the new tank @bboi84, the curved front is really cool! Do you have an overhead shot of it all, curious to see the rock wall from above. It's a cool look, should be perfect for keeping anemones!

Thanks. Really loving the tank. But already my first issue. So I went to collect my anemones from my 90l as I haven’t been able to go to where my 90l is because of corona. And my anemones have gone really strange. Their mouths are really big and look like they are turning inside out. Did a salinity test and my salinity was at 1.029 ish. I’m hoping that they will be ok. Does anyone have any words of wisdom as to wether it’s that or could be something else

pic from above is below

5A7D9EF1-0ECD-47C1-9CB0-2C8B7627C2D4.jpeg

Do the move did not help and they didn’t make it. I’m wanting to make this tank a rock flower anemone and invert tank but obviously inverts and rock flowers don’t give off much of a bio load. So wondering what I should add to start this tank off. Should I start with a sexy shrimp, Pom Pom crab, and hermit and a snail??  Then once its been running for a month or two get the first anemones in?? Any help is appreciated as never done a tank this small or for inverts only