inTank Media Baskets

Recommendations for Intank media basket media

Reefsamurai

Reefsamurai

Looking to see what people are having success with using the intank media basket? Just got my intank media basket in the mail and I want to set it up properly for my tank. I'm in a fluval 5 with the original filtration and have switched over to chemipure. We keep zoos and SPS. Thanks in advance.

Thrassian Atoll

I kept 1 Nano package of chemipure blue and filter floss in my Intank media basket inside of my Evo 5.  Tank was doing pretty well before I had to move.  

Reefsamurai

So the basket has 3 chamber but you guys are only talking 2 spaces, did you pull the second shelf or just added to fill all the spaces?

10 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I use seachem carbon and filter floss.

I stopped using everything else.

Same but use BRS carbon in filter bags bought from amazon/ and intank floss bought from amazon as well

• Like 1
Reefsamurai

So no one is using those ceramic cylinders anymore, just the floss and carbon huh?

I just got my mj606 so I'll be installing all this tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the replies so far!

Reefsamurai
12 hours ago, SliceGolfer said:

This question is totally subjective to someone else’s tank. You should run what your tank needs, not based on someone else’s tank needs.

That's only half true. Yes you run what the inhabitants need to survive and thrive however if there is a better way to achieve the same results or even better results, then you go that route. That's the point of this post, to see what others with similar tanks(size, equipment, inhabitants) are having success with. 

I use an Intank basket in my 5 gal with ceramic rings on the bottom (the same ones that came with the tank), a small bag of phosguard mixed with activated carbon on the middle rack, and filter floss on the top. I like the idea of the ceramic rings bc I’m going to use them in the future to help seed a new tank

In tank makes great baskets. 

with my older Nuvo 16 their baskets were much better than the stock innovative marine that came with them. Tried their media baskets and fuge baskets and have to say good quality and work as advertised 

33 minutes ago, Mrod1! said:

In tank makes great baskets. 

with my older Nuvo 16 their baskets were much better than the stock innovative marine that came with them. Tried their media baskets and fuge baskets and have to say good quality and work as advertised 

The IM media baskets look almost identical to inbox. 

The very old IM media basket sucked.