Top Shelf Aquatics

Nuvo 10 gallon stand from 80/20 Quick Frame?

mtgmichaelg

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more information is going to be needed to answer if it is good enough for a tank, to start off what size tank are we talking about? A 2.5 gallon Pico or a 250-gallon tank? To answer the OP it will probably be strong enough to support the weight of the IM 10 I would design the stand no longer than the width and length of the tank tho so the joints have a more downward load on them. Here is a video that shows the joints and how to attach them.

• 2 months later...

yes its strong enough. I've seen 75 gallons with quick frame, frames. I've also seen 1000 gallons use the regular 80/20 for frames. popular in Europe but not as much in North America for unknown reason.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Looks like it's Legos for professionals.  I'd like to try this but I lack the creativeness to not only order the correct sizes, but order all the parts the first time, then actually assemble it.  I can't seem to fix one thing around my house without needing to go to Home Depot 6 times over the weekend.  It'd take me months to get a stand ordered and built this way. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

Looks like it's Legos for professionals.  I'd like to try this but I lack the creativeness to not only order the correct sizes, but order all the parts the first time, then actually assemble it.  I can't seem to fix one thing around my house without needing to go to Home Depot 6 times over the weekend.  It'd take me months to get a stand ordered and built this way. 

hah

I am thinking Ikea stand