inTank Media Baskets

Acan not fully extending. Like usual

Noob_reefer

Noob_reefer

Have had this piece for a while usual fluffy but not for a couple days now. Really love it and don't want it to die. All other coral are fine and nothing is touching it. Other acans doing fine. So any help I would appreciate. 

15851683374267754700291421891741.jpg

15851683646997932888542319416307.jpg

15851683829979121041202396981143.jpg

Parameters? 

I forget the name of the coral directly above it, but I'm pretty sure that one can sting others from a notable distance. It might be the problem. Can you move the acan over by the other, happier acans? 

Agree 👆👆

When it was happy you had it neighboring a Duncan, which is a pretty peaceful lps. Now you’ve got it between two hammers, which are some of the most aggressive corals out there. 

Elizabeth94

I agree. Being between two hammers is most likely the problem. If you notice the acan is damaged to an iodine dip to prevent infection. 

This is an example of the sweepers mine gets. 

9B54101D-71E4-4964-BD89-50FF5E1CA24B.png

Noob_reefer

Awesome thanks guys. 

My Parameters are 

Ph :8

Ammonia :0

Nitrate : 0

Nitrate : 0

Calcium : 480 believe because I dosed this morning 

Salinity :1.027

I'll move him then hopefully that helps should I move the blasto also? And thank you very much 

You need to get your nitrates up, and make sure your phosphates are greater than 0. Corals need nitrates and phosphates to feed on, and will slowly starve if they don't have any. 

Yes, move the blasto, and anything else near the hammers. Or move the hammers to their own area. Those guys are territorial. Expect a good 8" of tentacle reach. 

4 hours ago, Tired said:

You need to get your nitrates up, and make sure your phosphates are greater than 0. Corals need nitrates and phosphates to feed on, and will slowly starve if they don't have any. 

Unless they have a low-range test kit, they’re just gonna get a 0. Everything else in the tank appears quite healthy, so parameters are likely not the issue here. 

Could be stress. Feed it, let it get used to its new spot, and see what happens.

Was it a brighter color before the other coral got it? Since that's likely your issue, now that it's puffing up. Glad it doesn't seem to have taken any serious tissue damage from the hammers.