inTank Media Baskets

Emerald Crab Attacked my Frogspawn

Kmann321

So I bought a frogspawn LPS coral from my LFS and it was doing great in my Nano aquarium. I noticed recently that it was getting pinched at by an emerald crab in my tank. When i tried to catch the crab he scurried off but i noticed the damage was already done. 2 little arms from my coral got pinched off and it has completely receded back into its skeletal formation. My question is that if I get the emerald out of the aquarium will the frogspawn recover and if so how long could that take?

19 hours ago, Kmann321 said:

So I bought a frogspawn LPS coral from my LFS and it was doing great in my Nano aquarium. I noticed recently that it was getting pinched at by an emerald crab in my tank. When i tried to catch the crab he scurried off but i noticed the damage was already done. 2 little arms from my coral got pinched off and it has completely receded back into its skeletal formation. My question is that if I get the emerald out of the aquarium will the frogspawn recover and if so how long could that take?

The frogspawn can recover, how long it takes is depending on damage and other factors.

You can create a bottle trap for the crab.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I’ve had mixed reviews with all crabs. It seems to me the smaller the crab the less chance it will try to attack your coral and usually if it’s a female it’s not as aggressive and won’t attack your corals. That’s just from what I’ve seen in my tank. It could just be random tho