Innovative Marine Aquariums

custom lids...

Gakarl100

So I am debating on what lid to start using..,  Love the Clear Vue custom but ouch on those prices...

Innovative Marine DIY SafeScreen Mesh Screen Kit https://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Marine-SafeScreen-Mesh-Screen/dp/B082VMNND3/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=aquarium+cover&qid=1583335522&sr=8-5

Any other suggestions?
3 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

A lot of us just buy 1/4" mesh and window framing supplies from the hardware store. Easy diy and cheaper.

Anyone got a DIY instructions for that?

20 minutes ago, Gakarl100 said:

Anyone got a DIY instructions for that?

I just googled it.

It's pretty basic.

You need the parts, cut the metal frame to size, place together with the frame connectors, lay mesh over it, and then use the spline to push into the frame to hold down the mesh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I just googled it.

It's pretty basic.

You need the parts, cut the metal frame to size, place together with the frame connectors, lay mesh over it, and then use the spline to push into the frame to hold down the mesh

no rust issue with salt water?  What are people using to hold in place? Tabs over the glass frame from the more expensive options?

39 minutes ago, Gakarl100 said:

no rust issue with salt water?  What are people using to hold in place? Tabs over the glass frame from the more expensive options?

I got the plastic clips off ebay, they have various sizes. Cheap too.

Online stores sell them too.

I haven't had rust on mine after years of use.

I honestly believe that you need two lids.The glass is sexy and you can have one cut at Ace Hardware for $9. But you also need a mesh top for use of an autofeeder for when you are out of town. The autofeeder can just drop pellets through the mesh screen. Just a thought.

23 hours ago, Clown79 said:

A lot of us just buy 1/4" mesh and window framing supplies from the hardware store. Easy diy and cheaper.

1/4" mesh, did you get locally from the hardware or craft store?  Or did you order? Not seeing anything like that on the local HD website but I do on Hobby Lobby craft store site.  All the mesh on HD site is pretty small window screen stuff.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-Sewing/Sewing-Quilting-Notions/Garment-Accessories/Mesh-Fabric/p/MF80852

21 minutes ago, Gakarl100 said:

1/4" mesh, did you get locally from the hardware or craft store?  Or did you order? Not seeing anything like that on the local HD website but I do on Hobby Lobby craft store site.  All the mesh on HD site is pretty small window screen stuff.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-Sewing/Sewing-Quilting-Notions/Garment-Accessories/Mesh-Fabric/p/MF80852

I purchased mine at reefsupplies.ca