Top Shelf Aquatics

Weird Fish - 365 Day AIO challange

Weird Fish

Sliding in before the deadline with a low quality horrible pic and a very quick description.

The goal of this tank is going to be to make a tank that can go 2-4 weeks at a time with minimal maintenance through automation, equipment and livestock choices.

The end tank must also be aesthetically pleasing and not having cords, plumbing and 2x4's flying everywhere like my previous tanks.

This tank is to serve as a prototype for a larger tank next year once my renovations are done(I realize they will never be truly done and my house is always trying to destroy itself). My wife and I go on frequent road trips lasting up to a month and this is to prove it will be possible to have a larger tank that can be looked after while we are away with minimal visits from a friend, and if possible during these visits the friend would only have to refill an ATO, an automatic water change and auto feeders etc. As the tank progresses I hope to simulate vacations with hands off periods getting gradually longer.

Plot twist: due to me having a backlog of tasks to be finished wife is to be kept out of the loop about this tank, therefore funds must be laundered out of our bank account or come from me selling items on craigslist.  Lucky for me we have a basement that needs cleaning out, is full of junk and things that go bump in the night so wife refuses to go there, thus space and source of funds. So far enough has been cleared out to raise basic funds, and if/when my wife does find out give me a little cushion of understanding, hence the late entry

More info to come tomorrow.

AIO.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Weird Fish said:

This tank is to serve as a prototype for a larger tank next year

Neat.  Hope it works out for you.

• 1 month later...