inTank Media Baskets

Algae I'd please

justinkdenny

Not sure of the name but it looks like something I battled before. Check reefcleaners.org thread on problem algae. I think I had to pull of as much as I could be hand then I took the rock out of the tank and with a Q tip applied 3% hydrogen peroxide right from the bottle waited a few minutes and put the rock back in the tank. Had to do this a few times. A real PITA but got rid of it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

Not sure of the name but it looks like something I battled before. Check reefcleaners.org thread on problem algae. I think I had to pull of as much as I could be hand then I took the rock out of the tank and with a Q tip applied 3% hydrogen peroxide right from the bottle waited a few minutes and put the rock back in the tank. Had to do this a few times. A real PITA but got rid of it.

well that's not good. lol

Just now, Ratvan said:

I had something that looked similar in the RSM, my Tailspot used to eat it. I used to scrub nearly all of the rocks on a weekly basis to get rid of it

Maybe my tailspot will get to work.  I hired him to work. lol

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Cladophoropsis - Green wiry algae - found it on reefcleaners.org. You can go check out recommended CUC. 

Thanks!  Im on the website now.

• Like 1

Try to keep ahead of it with hand-pulling until you're sure someone in the tank is eating it.   If it's spreading, that would suggest that nobody is presently eating it.  Could also indicate a need for more CUC if you clean a spot by hand but it grows back.....so don't hesitate to boost your crew (more turbos, astrea, etc) in that case.

• Like 2