Jump to content
justinkdenny

Algae I'd please

Recommended Posts

justinkdenny

Hello all, 

I have this algae popping up in my tank and I was wondering if anyone knows what it is.

20200226_162957.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
justinkdenny

Not sure if this is the same stuff. It probably is.

20200226_163358.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Not sure of the name but it looks like something I battled before. Check reefcleaners.org thread on problem algae. I think I had to pull of as much as I could be hand then I took the rock out of the tank and with a Q tip applied 3% hydrogen peroxide right from the bottle waited a few minutes and put the rock back in the tank. Had to do this a few times. A real PITA but got rid of it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
justinkdenny
1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

Not sure of the name but it looks like something I battled before. Check reefcleaners.org thread on problem algae. I think I had to pull of as much as I could be hand then I took the rock out of the tank and with a Q tip applied 3% hydrogen peroxide right from the bottle waited a few minutes and put the rock back in the tank. Had to do this a few times. A real PITA but got rid of it.

well that's not good. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

I had something that looked similar in the RSM, my Tailspot used to eat it. I used to scrub nearly all of the rocks on a weekly basis to get rid of it

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Cladophoropsis - Green wiry algae - found it on reefcleaners.org. You can go check out recommended CUC. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
justinkdenny
Just now, Ratvan said:

I had something that looked similar in the RSM, my Tailspot used to eat it. I used to scrub nearly all of the rocks on a weekly basis to get rid of it

Maybe my tailspot will get to work.  I hired him to work. lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
justinkdenny
3 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Cladophoropsis - Green wiry algae - found it on reefcleaners.org. You can go check out recommended CUC. 

Thanks!  Im on the website now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
mcarroll

Try to keep ahead of it with hand-pulling until you're sure someone in the tank is eating it.   If it's spreading, that would suggest that nobody is presently eating it.  Could also indicate a need for more CUC if you clean a spot by hand but it grows back.....so don't hesitate to boost your crew (more turbos, astrea, etc) in that case.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...