Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aquatop 24 Gallon Recife Eco

Benny’s Aquarium

Benny’s Aquarium

Hi guys!

Benny here. I have an Aquatop 24 Gallon Recife Eco AIO. Currently I have 2 fancy clownfishes 1.5 inches each, 2 fire fishes 1.5 inches, midas blenny 2 inches and a pair yellow watchmen goby 2 inches with pistol shrimp. I am having the urge to add 2 more. My tank is 6 months old. What would you recommend?

Benny’s Aquarium

For some reason, there is this stringy cobweb-like stuff on some of the rock and around selected corals and gsp! Is this normal or is it bad? This is my first marine tank so I don't have much experience yet.

Everyones different with stocking tanks, but I would say you are already well stocked with the 6 fish you have. They stringy stuff could be cyano or even dinos, would be impossible to guess without pictures. Your tank is pretty young still. Algae is pretty normal, but it also could be giving you a sign that something is off. 

Benny’s Aquarium

Thanks Elizabeth. I actually found out it is a Vermetid snails. Got it resolved. Wish I can share pictures here but I don’t know to do the URL etc... Coral though I got mostly euphyllias (torches and hammers and frogspawns). I love the swaying motion and how the clownfishes love them too with the rainbow bta. I guess for now I’ll let them grow and maybe one day sell some or upgrade. 

• 2 weeks later...
Benny’s Aquarium

Oh No. I got Marine ICH and I do not have qt. I purchased Kent Garlic and use it daily when feeding. Hope all my fishes survives. 2 clownfishes are rubbing their body on sand, corals and rocks. Same with the midas blenny and hippo tang.

IMG_3607[1].JPG