inTank Media Baskets

Electrical Question, Combining multiple lights

c_man7

I'm looking to declutter some inside my stand and remove one power strip completely. I'm currently running two of the hipargero/aqua knight leds on my 33 long. I'm about to add a third but i dont have room for one more plug let alone a plug with a power supply on the end. I was trying to see if it would be possible to combine all 3 lights to one larger power supply. Each light says 30w max ac100-240v

I looked up the current trulumen lights since they seem to do what I would need and can order a 3 to 1 dc power splitter and larger 90 or 120w power supply. With their 48" leds being 30w which is the same as the aqua knight. 

Is this even a possibility or to much of a risk? If not does anyone know where I can find a good quality timer with 3 plugs?

15 minutes ago, jservedio said:

What about just using a $5 outlet splitter on your timer like this?

spacer.png

Ill have to get a short 6" extension but that could work. 

14 minutes ago, c_man7 said:

Ill have to get a short 6" extension but that could work. 

Check Amazon - those things come in all different shapes and sizes - some of them are basically mini-extension cords themselves and look like this:

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, jservedio said:

Check Amazon - those things come in all different shapes and sizes - some of them are basically mini-extension cords themselves and look like this:

spacer.png

This is perfect, Idk why I was trying to over complicate things. lol