Top Shelf Aquatics

new fish

D.D.

How long have you had the tank for, are the water parameters good?? I would definatly feed it something else as goofnut was saying. Besides the eating, does the fish look healthy?

My new clown fish is not eating. I got him about 24 hrs. ago. I have the same food that he was eating at the store, Tetra Min Tropical Crisps. At what point should I try something else. I don't want to foul up my 11 gallon. He is the only fish in the tank right now. Should I get another one right away out of the same tank at the store?

I say, give him up to 72 hrs to get acclimated (and get some different food!)... Did you feed him at the store to see if he would actually eat, or is that just what they said he was eating? I don't think you'll do any immediate damage trying to feed him FW fish food, but that's not a great thing to do in the long run.

My clown occasionally gets a bit picky, but he will normally start eating whatever I feed him by the next day. He likes mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and Tetra Marine Flakes.

I would suggest that you wait until it gets bigger and buy a smaller one at the store if you're trying to make a mated pair.

Archived