Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquascape Opinions

Doc_

My First attempt at aquascaping a salt water tank , I have tried to follow rules that I've been reading about, I wanted to give the fish that go in some places to move around as well as hide if they needed without sacrificing too much on places to put corals when the time comes. 

Feedback would be appreciated ☺️

I wish I had a little more room front to back , but I made the sacrifice of space for the sake of going with an AIO system. 

20200113_194653.jpg

20200113_234010.jpg

20200113_233955.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 3
19 minutes ago, Doc_ said:

My First attempt at aquascaping a salt water tank , I have tried to follow rules that I've been reading about, I wanted to give the fish that go in some places to move around as well as hide if they needed without sacrificing too much on places to put corals when the time comes. 

I wish I had a little more room front to back , but I made the sacrifice of space for the sake of going with an AIO system. 

20200113_194653.jpg

20200113_234010.jpg

20200113_233955.jpg

I think it looks really nice! Lots of place to mount corals too. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Doc_ said:

20200113_194653.jpg

20200113_234010.jpg

20200113_233955.jpg

Damn, 1st attempt eh? Looks great!

Really nice scape, a lot of coral placement positions but still have a nice area for a sandbed (or barebottom) and still have a lot of swimming rooms as well as perches.  

Thanks everyone 😊

I do wish I had a little more space front to back as I didn't get to use one of the feature pieces I got which on the mock up table I loved with this rock scape but I didn't want to cram in too much rock. 

Already planning on my next tank and as much as I love the 400mm space front to back in the location where I have the tank I think the next one will use a sump rather than going for an AIO so I don't lose any of the space front to back. 

With that said I am happy with my AIO choice for my first attempt 😅

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks really good.  I wish I had worked more with my set up before I let it get established.  Now that the fish and creatures have marked out thier homes and coral has grown onto rock I don't think I should change it.   Enjoy your tank.

• 3 months later...

I don't glue my rock, I find that they sit together very and are stable.  On occasion I have had to take out a piece to clean or to free a snail that has gotten trapped.  I always put them back in the same place after.  If it was all glued together it would be hard to do little jobs.  Here is a picture of my 13.5 Fluval tank.  One piece of is granite. It was the first piece I bought from the LFS when I didn't anything yet.  It was live rock, so I paid a lot more for it than I would have if it was reclaimed coral.  I have found you live and learn in this hobby.

fish tank 2.jpg

On 6/15/2020 at 3:20 PM, Gill11 said:

What did you use to glue the rocks to each other ??

Aquaforest StoneFix was used to secure the larger rocks together , for the rubble used to hide the Stonefix seams I just used SuperGlue