inTank Media Baskets

Scape feedback

Saltysheep

This week after my brother hard plumbed my sump, skimmer, etc I have been toying with my dry rock. This is a 30gal lagoon tank which I am pretty excited about. I have a Nuvo10 that’s been up for 4-5 years that is getting pretty crowded.  
I am wondering if my height is appropriate for this tank and I don’t want to make it complicated. My plan is for mixed reef. I have a 4 headed hammer and frogspawn that will definitely moved over once the tank is cycled. 
I am considering changing out the long rock on the top left since it’s smoother and not bumpy which I have found in my 10gl harder to glue frags onto. Smooth or bumpier rock better?

8E5D81A3-1A92-4748-83F6-603182476973.jpeg

• Like 1
Tom Old Man Reefer

Hi Salty Sheep!  I’m Tom, I’ve been in the reefing hobby for 25 years now.🤪
It looks nice! leave a few more openings between the rocks to let water flow through. You’ve done a nice job On NOT pushing them Up against the back wall, and your height is fine👍🏻. Flow is really important through the rocks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 2:39 AM, Tom Old Man Reefer said:

Hi Salty Sheep!  I’m Tom, I’ve been in the reefing hobby for 25 years now.🤪
It looks nice! leave a few more openings between the rocks to let water flow through. You’ve done a nice job On NOT pushing them Up against the back wall, and your height is fine👍🏻. Flow is really important through the rocks.

Thanks Tom! I will open them open on the sides a bit more for flow.