Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is my Tank to Big for Nanoreef?

BoredNuke

So I've been stalking and learning a ton on these forums about reefing having gradually increased tank sizes. About to do a rebuild on Redsea reefer XL425. Display is 88 gal so not sure if this would be appropriate place for a build thread. I think I have learned alot from nano reed  and might be able to give back a couple pointers new comers in the community during the rebuild. 

And generally thanks to all the highly prolific contributors that make these forums great.

• Like 5

Under the Journals Section, there is a "Large Reefs" category. Even if you put it in the regular nano section, nobody is going to complain looking at a bit bigger tank as long as you've got lots of pictures! Welcome to NR.

• Like 9
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, BoredNuke said:

So I've been stalking and learning a ton on these forums about reefing having gradually increased tank sizes. About to do a rebuild on Redsea reefer XL425. Display is 88 gal so not sure if this would be appropriate place for a build thread. I think I have learned alot from nano reed  and might be able to give back a couple pointers new comers in the community during the rebuild. 

And generally thanks to all the highly prolific contributors that make these forums great.

Go for it man :happydance:. I love seeing large tanks. I'm still working on my 75g to go with my 20g.

• Like 2

Welcome to NR!!

Isn’t it so exciting to build a new tank?!  I know for my next tank, I will really take my time and spend a few weeks on just getting the rockwork placement perfect.  It’s like... my first 2 saltwater tanks were just to test the waters, now comes the “Masterpiece”! 😎

• Like 2

Not really a new tank. Was a I've from a 35gal cube and the journal will be for the rebuild slash upgrade to throwing my wallet at it all the way thanks to wifey encouragement. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, BoredNuke said:

Not really a new tank. Was a I've from a 35gal cube and the journal will be for the rebuild slash upgrade to throwing my wallet at it all the way thanks to wifey encouragement. 

Awesome, I'm excited to see what you can come up with! 🙂