Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What did you get for Fishmas? What DIDN'T you get?

CoralVue Aquarium Products

Tell us what Santa brought you!
View this email in your browser
1b2a4303-33c4-418c-8be9-da1ae774336b.png
What Did Santa Bring You?
What Did Santa Bring You?
The 2019 holiday season is quickly coming to an end. We hope you had a fun-filled month!

Now that the hustle and bustle are over, we are curious: did Santa bring you everything on your Fishmas list? Is there anything you DIDN'T get that you really wanted?

We would love to hear your holiday stories! Please leave a comment on our social media pages to share your yuletide tales!

COMMENT ON FACEBOOK
COMMENT ON INSTAGRAM
COMMENT ON TWITTER
COMMENT ON YOUTUBE
72453b18-51f7-465d-b39a-bfaeb2646c09.png

Copyright © 2019 CoralVue, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

For some reason, I love your questions @Jeff@CoralVue!

I'll be honest with you with what I got for Fishmas.  I was given Green Water aka an Algae Bloom from hell as an early Christmas present.  Since this was my first extremely crazy GW/Algae Bloom ever in my first reef tank, it took me by surprise especially since I've never experienced anything so bad that I couldn't even see inside my tank past 1 inch.  It looked like a heavy white fog with a green tint.

And then my savior came... the Green Killing Machine / UV Sterilizer.  Never owned one before... never needed one.  I've heard about them from time to time in passing.  And wow, it saved my tank from what probably would've killed everything (due to poor light penetration) if I didn't correct the situation ASAP.  It went from couldn't see nothing to clear water in about a week.  (I'll post the exact details in my Office NR Journal once I'm done taking pictures of the huge difference this simple device made).

Anyways... Happy New Year Jeff and to all that visit this site!

• Like 1
On 12/28/2019 at 8:57 AM, Seadragon said:

For some reason, I love your questions @Jeff@CoralVue!

I'll be honest with you with what I got for Fishmas.  I was given Green Water aka an Algae Bloom from hell as an early Christmas present.  Since this was my first extremely crazy GW/Algae Bloom ever in my first reef tank, it took me by surprise especially since I've never experienced anything so bad that I couldn't even see inside my tank past 1 inch.  It looked like a heavy white fog with a green tint.

And then my savior came... the Green Killing Machine / UV Sterilizer.  Never owned one before... never needed one.  I've heard about them from time to time in passing.  And wow, it saved my tank from what probably would've killed everything (due to poor light penetration) if I didn't correct the situation ASAP.  It went from couldn't see nothing to clear water in about a week.  (I'll post the exact details in my Office NR Journal once I'm done taking pictures of the huge difference this simple device made).

Anyways... Happy New Year Jeff and to all that visit this site!

That's awesome! I have a small UV and only run it from time-to-time when I get big algae flare ups. I am delighted to hear that it worked so effectively at combating your problem!

Also ... thank you for your well wishes! Happy New Year to you, too! 

• Like 2

Still waiting for my fishmas stuff, 5 cerith snails, 1 crocea clam, 1 court jester goby, another WWC gold member coral club box. Everything arrives this week so I’m impatiently waiting :happydance:. Oh and my tank gave me a bubble algae bloom for Christmas 🎅. Hope you had a great Christmas and a happy new year!!

• Like 2
On 12/30/2019 at 5:15 PM, Mike P said:

Still waiting for my fishmas stuff, 5 cerith snails, 1 crocea clam, 1 court jester goby, another WWC gold member coral club box. Everything arrives this week so I’m impatiently waiting :happydance:. Oh and my tank gave me a bubble algae bloom for Christmas 🎅. Hope you had a great Christmas and a happy new year!!

Is your new CUC helping with the bubble algae bloom?

2 hours ago, Jeff@CoralVue said:

Is your new CUC helping with the bubble algae bloom?

Nope only received 1 live snail, seems like no one in the Dallas area carries cereth snails. Just got the fish and corals today and the clam on Tuesday.

4 empty snail shells

8F009738-A9AE-42D8-9F7A-DDF9C9FC4D42.thumb.jpeg.b180c787e25c40d2acb25e84ea6bf991.jpegFB361B01-0F68-4D9B-8265-C03A76C3E47B.thumb.jpeg.fbbd0e6b69c58067274464a297531607.jpeg3B11934A-BECF-4531-BDDC-3512C8F1FDD6.thumb.jpeg.82a8bb4749cfada1f64f339e6bb8d773.jpeg

D0E646EE-76D3-4087-A4F6-2F2227D07513.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Nope only received 1 live snail, seems like no one in the Dallas area carries cereth snails. Just got the fish and corals today and the clam on Tuesday.

4 empty snail shells

8F009738-A9AE-42D8-9F7A-DDF9C9FC4D42.thumb.jpeg.b180c787e25c40d2acb25e84ea6bf991.jpegFB361B01-0F68-4D9B-8265-C03A76C3E47B.thumb.jpeg.fbbd0e6b69c58067274464a297531607.jpeg3B11934A-BECF-4531-BDDC-3512C8F1FDD6.thumb.jpeg.82a8bb4749cfada1f64f339e6bb8d773.jpeg

D0E646EE-76D3-4087-A4F6-2F2227D07513.jpeg

Is the seller going to replace them?

23 minutes ago, Jeff@CoralVue said:

Is the seller going to replace them?

I got the from liveaquaria they just gave me store credit, sucks they no longer give refunds

2 hours ago, Mike P said:

I got the from liveaquaria they just gave me store credit, sucks they no longer give refunds

Yeah, that news spread like wildfire. I haven't ordered from them in ages, but I never had a DOA. It used to be the first place I would go to research a fish I was interested in!

3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Got a Hanna alk checker and a salinity checker. Both still in their boxes 😅

I'm still buried in Christmas madness over here. lol Hoping to get it all put a way by Monday. I've been meaning to pick up some Hanna Checkers. I'd bought some a few years back and ended up giving them away because I was so set in my ways. Now I am ready for something easier!

• Like 1