Innovative Marine Aquariums

Product Request: BTA rock / home

ninjamyst

Someone needs to make an artficial rock that will entice a BTA to stay attached to it.  They have clam cradles so I am surprised no one has made a nem home yet.  Will probably sell well since more people have BTAs than clams.  I am thinking a nice looking rock with a couple of crevice for the BTA to attach to.  Doesn't have to be big.

The bta’s move to where they have the flow and light they are comfortable with. They may remain in the same space for a year then go on the move or split and one stays put and the other moves. Either way they are a lot more mobile than a clam and you will not be able to keep it where you want it if it decides it wants to be somewhere else. 

13 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

life is about statistics and nothing is certain.  if a product exists to increase the chance of a BTA staying put, i think it's good.  

Have you seen what kimisreef does on Instagram?  BTA cup on a wall. I’ve seen a few posts promoting similar product that in the past, but not lately. 

• Like 1