SaltCritters.com

My $6 SPS :)

Royalenchntrss

Royalenchntrss

We picked this up at the LFS for about $6. it was in the live rock tank. We believe its a monti cap. its about 5-6 inches by 5 inches and its spirleing. Looks to be a light pink with flourescent green polyps. We figured itd die in their tank so we'd try to save it. Is our ID right??

9692cap.jpg

Under moonlight

9692capmoon.jpg

yeah, its a montipora capricornis...nice find! most of the flourescent polyped sps go for a good chunk of change per frag...you've got a nice little colony for six bucks!! sweet deal.

Royalenchntrss

John got it from wild side in state college on his way home from work. We looked up prices online last night and for how big it is found we got a REALLY good deal. I'm so proud of him. lol Calc and alk problems, eh? Like what? Will we need to dose??

you probably won't need to dose if you stay on top of your w/c's. however, if your salt doesn't have adequate levels of calcium, alkalinity, and the like you will probably need to buy a product that will raise those levels. i used coral builder(raises the alk)by kent and their kalkwasser mix (to raise calcium and ph) when i kept sps. goodluck!!

Cha-Ching! Nice swindle from the LFS. You can dose your tank right. I've seen your other posts. Ya know what your doing. Good luck. Enjoy your Monti. Lucky bast...

Royalenchntrss

thanks ghostbear We only look like we know what we're doing. ;) we get all of our info from you guys lol I love the search button.. and stupid LFS girls!! haha Sadly we've already fragged the big girl.. having her all in one place was just too much for teh tank. when you looked at the tank youre eyes went right to the monti.. lol now its much better!

EtOH - I'll go check out that link and JC can read it tomorrow when he gets home from work! Thank you!

Stacy and JC

Archived