Top Shelf Aquatics

Clownfish Brook?

ef4life

I just got home from work today, checking out my tanks and I notice what looks sort of like a flaky patch of skin on one of my clowns. Appears healthy and not stressed or anything. Been in the tank for about 5 years. No new fish for the last 6 months. All other fish look fine including the other clown.  Recently added a bunch of corals o we the last few weeks, including yesterday.

what do you all think? Sort of grey flaky Patch near the dorsal fin. 

9EB8A673-82A3-4C06-957E-A6B4EBF033A0.jpeg

1 minute ago, Humblefish said:

Could be brook (or something else.) Does the fish hang out (or sleep) near/in any stinging corals? Like euphyllia??

They hang out in the corner of the tank, their was a euphyllia in that corner, but they never messed with it for a long time. Although something lately has been irritating it and keeping a bunch of the heads all closed up. I did move the euphyllia yesterday since pretty much all the heads were closed up so maybe she was trying to host it, but I never actually seen any contact.

16 hours ago, ef4life said:

They hang out in the corner of the tank, their was a euphyllia in that corner, but they never messed with it for a long time. Although something lately has been irritating it and keeping a bunch of the heads all closed up. I did move the euphyllia yesterday since pretty much all the heads were closed up so maybe she was trying to host it, but I never actually seen any contact.

I'd just keep an eye on it for now. If it is brook, it will spread. If it remains isolated it's probably just an injury from a coral sting.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Humblefish said:

I'd just keep an eye on it for now. If it is brook, it will spread. If it remains isolated it's probably just an injury from a coral sting.

Thanks, so far it hasn’t spread or got worse at all.