Top Shelf Aquatics

Sk2812 LEDs?

LarLar

Hi there! I have a couple questions hopefully someone can point me straight. I have some sk2812 rgbw led strips laying around that I can run with an arduino. Id like to make it into a fixture for a reef tank? I see on here rgbw strips are not really recommended.... But I wonder if I can use these because a) they are individually addressable and wld give me way more control over any cloud cover animations, etc. And b) according to the specs on them they emit R/650nm; G/520nm; B/460nm, and white at 4500-5500k. Also they have the benefits of densely packed emitters and in a water proof sleeve....

so anywho.... Am I way off my rocker here and shld just stick to the recommended cree\others LEDs? Or is there possibilities that just need worked out? (I.e. using the led strip in conjunction with a cpl supplemental channels if a spectrum is being missed) And lastly, if I went with the standard methods is there a way to address individual LEDs for the animations or is that not rlly feasible because they are on same circuit\channels?

Thanks