Coral Vue Hydros

Aquarium Grown Palauastrea has Really Blossomed

Reef Builders

Reef Builders

Palauastrea is one of the least known SPS coral that is not just rare in the aquarium hobby, but pretty much all but unknown. P. ramosa is in the family Astrocoeniidae which includes some familiar aquarium corals including Pocillopora and Seriatopora and it superficially resembles a cross between Stylocoeniella and Stylophora.  Alas, whereas those two genera are […]

Source

Read the full article at Reef Builders

On 12/9/2019 at 12:31 PM, Reef Builders said:

Palauastrea is one of the least known SPS coral that is not just rare in the aquarium hobby, but pretty much all but unknown. P. ramosa is in the family Astrocoeniidae which includes some familiar aquarium corals including Pocillopora and Seriatopora and it superficially resembles a cross between Stylocoeniella and Stylophora.  Alas, whereas those two genera are […]

Source

Read the full article at Reef Builders

How can you call that only "somewhat" more interesting lol? It looks better than a bug-out stylo with crazy-shaggy polyps, if that's not enough to make people go absolutely nuts for the animal then I'm even-more out-of-touch than I thought. 

IMO That's an incredibly-beautiful animal which sounds perfectly-suited to reefkeeping in general, at this point I'm just upset that it will likely take years for any of that animal to hit the market from the sound of things XD I'd be first-in-line for even a tiny nub to grow out.

I'm pretty curious though, what PAR did you actually end up getting it settled-into?

• Like 1

Ive got the milka and a "rainbow" stylo that reminds me of the one you mentioned with similar colors, pink/purple/orange base and blue/green polyps and it was very hard to frag with bone cutters.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Amphrites said:

How can you call that only "somewhat" more interesting lol?

From a quick survey of their posts here I don't think they really read or post on nano-reef, other than these blog teasers.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mcarroll said:

From a quick survey of their posts here I don't think they really read or post on nano-reef, other than these blog teasers.

Yeah, I noticed that, figured it would still be a shame not to mention it though. Their website's comment section has been broken on-and-off for quite a while too sadly.

• Like 2