ReefCleaners.org

Rock flower anemone

a_pmech84

I have a rock flower, it's been in the tank for several weeks and has been very happy. However this evening when I checked everything it's all drawn up. Everything else looks great not showing signs of stress. The only thing I can think is my pistol shrimp pissed it off, but the shrimp has been in there almost as long as the rock flower. It doesn't look damaged just very much drawn up. I have attached a pic of what it's current state is. Any input would be awesome

15755072073666024662300954088764.jpg

I wish I could help. I have had very little luck with RFA's. Everything else in tank is good, my rfa's always shrink up. I have 1 that won't come out from under a rock, it was beautiful and now not so much.

The 1 in my 2.5g is doing the best out of all of them I have had

It's in lower light and low flow

1 hour ago, Tired said:

Has it come un-scrunched? 

What is "everything else", and what are your parameters? Something may have just walked across it and pissed it off.

Are you asking the OP or me?

My params are spot on and for me, sps, Lps, and bta's are great.

OP, if they ever come back.

For you, though, maybe they're getting too much light. Some RFAs seem to like to scrunch into dark spaces. Or you could have a supplier problem- are they all from the same place? Or, heck, maybe you've got some kind of RFA disease living in your tank.

8 hours ago, Tired said:

OP, if they ever come back.

For you, though, maybe they're getting too much light. Some RFAs seem to like to scrunch into dark spaces. Or you could have a supplier problem- are they all from the same place? Or, heck, maybe you've got some kind of RFA disease living in your tank.

I tried lowering the light, putting them in the lowest light, etc etc nothing I have done appeases them.

I know a few ppl who have had the same issues, they just scrunch up and eventually go missing/die because they are getting no light.

Sorry about the delay in responses. Everything is good now. I guess something just pissed it off. Like I said I have a pistol shrimp that's very industrious and he doesn't care where he puts his piles. Thanks for all the input it is greatly appreciated.