Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano fuge light?

devaji108

looking for options for a small anao fuge light for AIO reefs.

I did a search can came up with is one ppl seem to use it with good results:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00X84LMHK/?coliid=I3YIMES1F4IZ2&colid=1DBETP26E2KZL&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

then there in the JBJ nano fuge light I di like that but over my budget for this project.

any other suggestion for a AIO fuge light?

You might have some luck with just a desk or reading lamp. I can grow Venus flytraps, which like FULL SUN, under a desk lamp with a ceiling-strength LED bulb in it. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, devaji108 said:

I  was looking at that one, how are you folks attaching it to an AIO? 

You may be able to find threads on the acke in the search bar. 

• Like 1

I used some of that locktite sticky putty for attaching pictures to walls and it keeps the light well attached to the back glass of the tank (mine is 16g biocube).  I did have to add a small computer fan above the light that is controlled by the same timer because without it the tank was heating up.  With the fan temperature stabilized for me 78-79F.

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Fun-Tak-Mounting-2-Ounce-1865809/dp/B018A3AG0W/ref=asc_df_B018A3AG0W/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198142582501&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11050611378433268171&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1015213&hvtargid=pla-351143486835&psc=1

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

did you use Velcro to mount to tank or silicone?

It’s screwed to the stands top. It’s not mounted to the tank at all just pressed up the glass.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Marcos Duarte

Just reviving this topic, I am in doubt between the IM Chaetomax and the Tunze Chic Refugium.

I have a refugium in my sump trying to grow chaeto and they would perfectly fit.

Does anybody have experience with any of them?

Which one is the best choice?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
CeruleanReef

I am currently working on producing a Algae Scrubber specifically for Fluval 13.5 AIO's. I've had a company manufacture some nano fuge lights that I will be including with the unit. Similar to the Chaetomax; slightly larger,  a more efficient COB LED board, better heat dissipation, and a dimmer knob. Ill post photos in a few weeks once I receive them. If you like I'd be happy to sell some.

• Like 1

I ended up making a DIY AIO  ATS  for the R2R secret Santa and got stuff to make one for myself to but have not yet as my tank just can RFA and a few corals. so no real need to export. but once I move and get more life in this tank I will fire it up if needed!