Top Shelf Aquatics

What popular corals can I not have?

Chromis

I will have 2x55watt (10K & Actinic 03) over my 28 gallon tank. What popular corals can't I keep? Will Hammer work? Brain? What about SPS... although most will flame me here I have seen posts declaring sucess. Now I'm asking for it ... clams?

Haha... let me know.

That's a tuff one. I've read maybe one or two people here who have kept clams / SPS in a tank with PC's. I'm also in the planning stages (ie..no $$$) to keep one or two SPS's or a Clam in my 12g. I have a 36w Jali 50/50 but plan on getting 2x55w PC's 10k & 03. I'll either have 2x 10k's on the 55w and an 03 on the 36w, OR 10k & 03 on the 55w and 10k on the 36w. With all that lighting I'm still skeptical on keeping clams or SPS's. I would like them to thrive, not just survive. That's 146w over my 12g giving me about 12.1 watts per gallon.

I'm not too sure how many you plan on keeping and the placement but if you do hear anything I would certainly like to know. I'm trying to read all the forms and post online to see what clams require and ie, water quality, light intensity, feeding..... it really will be quite a challange keeping them.

Great post kimura.

Well, I don't have much to add here, but if clams is something you want to do, I would raise the lighting in your tank. They love as much light as you can give them.

With that being said, I think opinions differ wildly on just "how much light". Although some will think I'm crazy, I have absolutely no problem keeping baby maximas in my 10 gallon under 6.5 watts of light. (2x32watt CSL units) BUT, I do have to be careful, as if one of those lights go out, I'm screwed.

The maximas look great, and have lost absolutley no color, and striving nicely.

My 2 cents.. :

Archived