Coral Vue Hydros

HELP- Royal Gramma acting strange

ZR2

filefishfinatic
On 12/4/2019 at 1:15 PM, A.m.P said:

Clownfish are damselfish, and they're some of the meanest and most aggressive damselfish out there to boot. People give them a free-pass because nemo and their smaller-territories, but look at their body-shape. They're an insanely-thick and muscled damselfish with even bigger jaws and teeth, they're not designed to be peaceful lol - we just get lucky and, more often than not, they don't do as Tam mentioned and literally-drag our other inhabitants into the anemone as food.

Worth mentioning it might take a week or more for the Gramma to start behaving more-confidently if it was being bullied, even if the clown is in the breeder net, and that behavior certainly looks like it may have been the case.

I would let things settle down for a while and see if you can't get it eating and confident again before re-arranging the scape, and then I would let it establish territory for a week or so before re-introducing the clownfish.

my  clarkii has teeth like a phiranna. thank god he is not agressive. im considering putting him with a pair of leaf fish in a 10 gal to make a predator tank if he ever gets aggro. hes been peaceful for the last 4 months ive had him.