inTank Media Baskets

Leaving for 3 days, quick question

Bailyfox

I'm leaving tonight until Sunday and was wondering if my hitchhiker coral will be ok with the lights off for that long? I'm keeping the lights off right now except for about an hour a day when I'm staring at the tank since its cycling. I will have someone toping off the tank once a day.

If the lights don’t have their own timer or a controller on the system, a $15 Home Depot timer will do the trick. Easy to setup & great for the tank to get used to a light cycle.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tired said:

Why are the lights off? You should turn 'em on so your coral, and also your algae, can get light and grow. Get a nice start on that biodiversity. 

I thought lights were supposed to stay off during cycling?

22 minutes ago, resortez said:

If the lights don’t have their own timer or a controller on the system, a $15 Home Depot timer will do the trick. Easy to setup & great for the tank to get used to a light cycle.

I've got plans to get another timer but I can move the one on my freshwater tank over for while i'm gone.

57 minutes ago, Bailyfox said:

I thought lights were supposed to stay off during cycling?

I've got plans to get another timer but I can move the one on my freshwater tank over for while i'm gone.

Yes, that's what the majority will advise.

The hitchhiker coral will be fine without lights.

• Like 1