Innovative Marine Aquariums

ISO: Frogspawn/octospawn

kimberbee

Thought I'd put it out there that I'm in search of a decently priced frogspawn/octospawn. If you have or have seen any, please let me know.

To me, decently priced would be ~$80 or less, including shipping, for a 2+ head piece (or a very large single head). I am not looking for any fancy, bright, neon, or "named" variety in particular. Just something that's not green-tipped since I have a green-tipped hammer. 

ETA: I'm in NW Indiana.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, RedCrow said:

Where are you located? Most of the lfs in MN sell euphyllia frags for less than 30 a head 

Indiana. Edited to add my location. Do any of the stores ship?

3 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Plenty of LFS around Chicagoland that sells octospawn for $25 a head or so.  If you are by O'Hare, I will cut you a gold hammer head for free.

Any in particular? I stopped by Reefwise a few weeks ago and they had not a single euphyllia. A trip out by you would be worth a hammer frag!

37 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Any in particular? I stopped by Reefwise a few weeks ago and they had not a single euphyllia. A trip out by you would be worth a hammer frag!

Reefwise been mostly empty for a months now.  The original owner barely maintains the shop.  There's a couple of stores in Naperville now.  Blue Line Coral has good stuff most of the time.  Gingerbread Tropical Fish and Coral opened recently.  There's also another one that I forgot about....

If you swing by my area, there's Wojtek and Xzotic.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

There's a couple of stores in Naperville now.  Blue Line Coral has good stuff most of the time.  Gingerbread Tropical Fish and Coral opened recently.  There's also another one that I forgot about....

If you swing by my area, there's Wojtek and Xzotic.  

Did you see there's going to be a charity frag swap in Bolingbrook December 14th? I wonder if that would be worth the drive and $6 to browse. It's going to be small, but Gingerbread is one of the vendors. There's a list of 13 or 15 vendors somewhere, but I hadn't heard of any of them. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Did you see there's going to be a charity frag swap in Bolingbrook December 14th? I wonder if that would be worth the drive and $6 to browse. It's going to be small, but Gingerbread is one of the vendors. There's a list of 13 or 15 vendors somewhere, but I hadn't heard of any of them. 

I'll be stopping by my LFS next wknd or the week following that.  I'll keep an eye out for you.

how far north will you be willing to drive?  would you be able to meet in Saugatuck, MI?  If so, we can make an arrangement.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

I stopped going to frag swaps....too dangerous for my wallet.  Hahah.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

I'll be stopping by my LFS next wknd or the week following that.  I'll keep an eye out for you.

how far north will you be willing to drive?  would you be able to meet in Saugatuck, MI?  If so, we can make an arrangement.

2 hour drive - doable on a weekend, but probably not till after the holidays. 

I am in Aurora, IL pretty close to 88 and near Blue Line and Gingerbread. I have some purple tip I could frag off if you want to make a trip out here. 

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions