Innovative Marine Aquariums

SaltCritters.com- amazing prices, healthy livestock.

Tired

Everything arrived on time, critters were exactly as pictured and perfectly healthy. Quick response when I asked about something via emails. Amazing sale prices. Everything was packed well in little sealed bags. There was some brown detritus in with the zoanthids, but it didn't seem to harm them any. There's a bit of some sort of red macro on a couple of the frags, but no complaints about that. One very minor complaint- one of these frags looks like zoanthids growing on a rock that was glued to a frag plug. Turns out, it's not a rock. 

Pardon the awful photo, I spotted this during a water change and before a surface skim, but that's a clam. It's not harmful or anything, but I'm not 100% sure what's going to happen as it grows. I'm not sure they even knew it was a clam, and I don't remember if it was visibly a clam in the photo on the site. 

My other tiny complaint is, I ordered a random coral frag. I got a cute little LPS polyp. It was not, however, labeled. Names on bags are $5 more, which I understand, but I think they ought to at least put the name on a mystery coral for free. I don't actually know what this IS, because it's something in the vicinity of a blasto and those can be hard to tell apart from each other. Mostly I don't know how far away it can sting from. Regardless, it's healthy, and so is everything else, so I don't mind much.

image0.jpg?width=473&height=630

• Like 1

5 dollars for the name of the coral on the bag? Seems like I wouldn't buy from someone who charges 5 bucks for writing the names on bags...

Cool freebie btw the clam! Looks like you got lucky!

• Like 1

$5 to label all the bags in the order, which could potentially be a lot. Other places don't even seem to offer an option to label bags at all, for whatever reason that I assume is related to getting things out fast.

6 minutes ago, Tired said:

$5 to label all the bags in the order, which could potentially be a lot. Other places don't even seem to offer an option to label bags at all, for whatever reason that I assume is related to getting things out fast.

That's not standard for you guys?