Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanobox Not Turning On - help please :)

hinnenkm

I'm just wondering if anyone else had the issue of their nanobox lights not turning on today? I run two of them in two separate locations and neither one is one. I've tried adjusting settings, sending new blink ups to the BlueFish controller and nothing.... I am kind of wondering if it is more of a controller issue or an update with the BlueFish app, but when I go to the app store, it says there are no updates available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Do you have imp cards? If you cut power and then power back on, do they blink to indicate anything out of the ordinary?

One of my lights went out recently. It turned out I needed a new bluefish card. Don't really know the reason why, and in your case, that would be a sucky coincidence for both to go out. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Do you have imp cards? If you cut power and then power back on, do they blink to indicate anything out of the ordinary?

One of my lights went out recently. It turned out I needed a new bluefish card. Don't really know the reason why, and in your case, that would be a sucky coincidence for both to go out. 

Thank you for the suggestion - I have been able to get the green flashing light, but then at least one of them goes out and doesn't come back on. How did you get the new card? Through Dave?

1 hour ago, hinnenkm said:

Thank you for the suggestion - I have been able to get the green flashing light, but then at least one of them goes out and doesn't come back on. How did you get the new card? Through Dave?

At the time, Dave was out of stock so I had to buy from Steve's LEDs. The cards are not cheap, so you definitely want to make sure it's the card before actually replacing it. 

I actually did a youtube vid on how I replaced it. The main thing though, was opening up the control box carefully and using a multimeter to see if power was going in (it was) and going out to the drivers (it was not). I consulted Dave before doing so. 

Still, I would be very surprised if this was the case for both of your lights. 

Is there a blue light on inside your control box? Pretty sure this would show that the bluefish is getting power without you having to open it up. 

• Like 1

Thank you for all of the info, I’ll post pics tomorrow - I emailed BlueFish directly and sent Dave a message on Instagram just to see if I can trouble shoot a bit. 

• Like 1

I just cleaned off the circuits and when I disconnect and reconnect my home duo, the light blinks green and then after awhile there is no light...not sure If that helps diagnose any problem?

25DF1D0E-C01A-4E6F-A134-B1A1FC9BD084.jpeg

10 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

I just cleaned off the circuits...

So the bluefish is getting power... Are you able to use the app as if the light was on? 

Anything I suggest at this point is just shooting out random ideas... how old is your light? Mine is about 5 years old, I wonder if there's just an average lifespan for a bluefish board. Does it look like any saltwater got to the board? This was something Dave had me look for. 

Again I'll reiterate that my bluefish and imp card were getting power. The bluefish just wasn't routing power back out to the drivers. 

19 hours ago, kimberbee said:

So the bluefish is getting power... Are you able to use the app as if the light was on? 

Anything I suggest at this point is just shooting out random ideas... how old is your light? Mine is about 5 years old, I wonder if there's just an average lifespan for a bluefish board. Does it look like any saltwater got to the board? This was something Dave had me look for. 

Again I'll reiterate that my bluefish and imp card were getting power. The bluefish just wasn't routing power back out to the drivers. 

Got it, makes sense now what you were saying. Thank you for all of your ideas. Life is so hectic I haven't been able to take a look at much of anything. Hoping to get more of a chance tonight.

Thank you!

19 hours ago, SpencerShepard said:

Just responded to your email!  That picture is after you cleaned it?  😬

Yes, there was never a case or anything that came with it - it is about 4 years old. I would like the address to know where to send the one from school if possible? Maybe if you could just send me another email with that info. Thanks so much!

• Like 1