Top Shelf Aquatics

Couple questions about a new build

Robbie_Maxwell

Robbie_Maxwell

Hi guys. Im thinking of setting up this shallow tank as a reef but have a few questions. The dimensions are 31 inches Long x 12 inches Wide x 10 inches Tall. I plan on drilling it for a sump and making a cleaner job of the stand as its only wrapped in plywood atm. It will be lit by 2 hipargero leds that i have left from when i upgraded the lights on my 40b. 

The glass thickness is only quarter inch so im just concerned if it could hold the weight of a eshopps eclipse overflow?

If you were to set this up would you drill it for a peninsula or standard?

Thanks in advance

Robbie. 

CB62EA6F-AD20-4CD1-8627-76BFBB1E7D33.thumb.jpeg.a3d6bef65fd12aa436ba5a177a85a884.jpeg

GetPsyched2124

Peninsula or standard drill i think would matter most depending on where the tank will be positioned. if it is going to be where it is in the picture, i'd say on the back (standard). however, if you're able to have the short end backed up against the wall, then a peninsula style would look better.

• Like 1
Robbie_Maxwell

Ya it is currently in the spare room which is going to be done up. So I think drilling the back is better. 

just realised i typed quarter inch instead of eighth inch its 4mm glass ( had a brain fart trying to convert to inches 🙄

is that too thin?

thanks