11 gal via-aqua,

i added a jawfish that died right after i got him

and now i got the ich.

i picked up some of that garlic treatment that

you add to there food (is that good?)

i know how to cure ich but want advice on it

in a reef tank.

thanks chuck

Give the Tang up, its never going to stay healthy in an 11g, it will continue to be stressed in such close quarters. Check out the info on this site for compatible fish for nanos. Read and research your livestock BEFORE you stick it in an enviornment it won't do well in.:angry: :

is it hot in here? :rolleyes: best advice (as mentioned above) would be to give back the tang but no one's gonna want one with ick already (they always have ick though : ).

first thing i'd recommend is get some good nori seaweed for the tang. it's in for a fight against the ick and it'll need sustenance. you may want to up the tank temp to about 80~82F and not try to stress the tang anymore (moving rocks, introducing more fish, iow radical changes).

is it a reef tank or fowlr? what are your other livestock in the system? how long have you had the tang? jawfish? and system? providing these answers will improve the advice you can receive. good luck!

what kind a tang is it?...i guess its ok if the tang is really tiny...like an inch-inch and a half max...but most people do this as a temporary home...unless you plan on moving him out once he gets bigger take him out of the nano and find him a better home.

the nori is a real good ideal. tangs love that stuff plus its good for them...hope your tang gets better and gets a better home

either way, tang need alot of space to swim...

so it will be stressed in such a small environment...

and , remember, most tangs eats alot of macro algae, which your nano cannot provide.. :(

Archived