Pod Your Reef

Current USA Orbit Marine IC LED for BTA

sfboarders

2 hours ago, sfboarders said:

Took a long break from reefing and starting to get back into it. I plan on building a nano reef with a Fluval Evo 13.5. I ordered the Nano Reef Orbit IC Bundle (non Pro/dual) and was wondering if that light would be ok for a BTA. Any info would be greatly appreciated! 🙂 

so just a single Orbit? I had two orbits over a 20 cube and had a BTA doing just fine but I also supplemented with T5's. A single Orbit on an Evo can probably cut it but I think you maybe right at the cusp. 

21 hours ago, Matteo said:

so just a single Orbit? I had two orbits over a 20 cube and had a BTA doing just fine but I also supplemented with T5's. A single Orbit on an Evo can probably cut it but I think you maybe right at the cusp. 

Thanks for the info! I'll see how the BTA is with a single light. I'll purchase another if it doesn't look good.

47 minutes ago, sfboarders said:

Thanks for the info! I'll see how the BTA is with a single light. I'll purchase another if it doesn't look good.

Good plan 🙂 keep an eye out for used ones. The 18" version is pretty common out there

• 3 weeks later...

Keep nutrient levels up in the tank and he'll have better chances even if the light is marginal.  (IMO the light should be fine though.  The real question is BTA in a 13 Gallon???)