inTank Media Baskets

Shelly's Nano after one month

seashellshelly

seashellshelly

Well, here it is after one month. Everything is thriving and doing well. My cycle lasted only about one week at which time I added my clean-up crew and then other items slowly. I am having some algae issues which I have read is normal with a new tank. I'm anxiously awaiting the coralline to start growing. I have not had any loss of life except one snail. I now have 9 various snails, 3 hermits, 1 featherduster, 1 yellow clown gobie, 1 six line wrasse, yellow star polyps, some type of small zoo frag and 2 peppermint shrimp. Let me know what you think or if you have any tips/suggestions.

Thanks

Shelly

seashellshelly

Also, any suggestions for corals that would do well in my tank is appreciated. My rock is really bare. I have stock nano cube lighting.

I like your wrasse too...I want to get one...I heard that they will eat little "pests" in your tank...have u seen him showing such behavior?

seashellshelly

I highly recommend the wrasse. He is a beautiful fish and also very active. I have seen him eat things off the glass and rocks that I assumed were pods and such. He eats like a pig at feeding time as well.

Thanks for the coral suggestions! I really need to get more frags but most of the LFS's around here only have BIG expensive pieces. I may have to just order a "frag pack" online eventually.

Shelly

Shelly here is a good idea of some different kind of corals that you can keep in your tank.

5748DSC03012-med.JPG

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me and I will tell you what they are.

seashellshelly

I've seen the 6 line wrasse recommended many times for small tanks which is why I bought him. Mine does eat pods but he also eats frozen food like a gluten.

seashellshelly

omens-

I actually live in Houston.

Whitten-

Thanks. I look forward to having my rock covered w/ lots of cool things like yours is.

seashellshelly

My clown goby does eat well and is pretty personable. He was shy and didn't eat the first couple of days but he is fine now. In the morning is feeding time and he comes right to the glass and waits for me to put the food in.

seashellshelly

tdoublec - What size were the frags you got from Phishy?? I need small pieces.

On another note, I am seeing some light green forming on my LR which I hope means coralline is coming. I once read that from someone on the boards so I hope it's true.

Archived