ReefCleaners.org

Bubble Coral Encrusting?

SmolReef

I noticed this as I was leaving this morning, is this just the bubbles skeleton started to encrust the rock? I was semi considering moving the bubble because of the ridiculously aggressive sweepers it throws out from time to time...I guess maybe it’s a little late for that?

576AB53D-9EBC-4780-B854-EDB4ECD02F1C.jpeg

You sure that stuff is hard? Kind of reminds me of some heavy coral warfare tentacles one they grab onto something. Could be wrong though. If it were the skeleton I don't think you'd have much trouble moving the coral if you are careful to detach it with the least amount of damage to the tissue as possible. 

35 minutes ago, SmolReef said:

I noticed this as I was leaving this morning, is this just the bubbles skeleton started to encrust the rock? I was semi considering moving the bubble because of the ridiculously aggressive sweepers it throws out from time to time...I guess maybe it’s a little late for that?

576AB53D-9EBC-4780-B854-EDB4ECD02F1C.jpeg

It does look like stalks doesn't it?

You can frag them much the same as a Frogspawn, snap the head off or alternative dremel 

2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

It does look like stalks doesn't it?

You can frag them much the same as a Frogspawn, snap the head off or alternative dremel 

I’ll double check after work and see if they’re hard or not, if I let them grow a little and then break them off could they grow into their own coral?

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Looks like warfare. 

They don't encrust.

They do better being placed in sand as being up against rocks can damage their flesh.

Unfortunately don’t have anywhere available on the sand bed for it, it’s been there for over 6 months very happy though. 

11 minutes ago, SmolReef said:

Unfortunately don’t have anywhere available on the sand bed for it, it’s been there for over 6 months very happy though. 

Can you get better close up pics of the places where it has attached?