Pod Your Reef

Red Sea Max Nano Heater Size?

sportbob06

Hello All, first time poster here. I have a question regarding the Red Sea Max Nano heater. I currently have a MAX nano on the way... if UPS can find my shipment....yes, they lost a freight shipment somehow??? Anyway, I am wanting to order a heater but need to know how much room there is for one. From what I understand the heater element can be placed horizontal on the floor below the skimmer? Can anyone share the size/dimensions of this area? Thanks!

51 minutes ago, sadie said:

What kind of tank do you have?  If you have an AIO, then I believe any nano heater will fit in any of the chambers in the back. 

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you. The tank will be the Red Sea MAX Nano. It is currently MIA within UPS... 

hahaha, you said that.😜 sorry.  I kept thinking it was just the heater, when I saw Max Nano.  You def want a heater, but before you go ordering too much stuff, like a skimmer, see if you need it first.  I set up a skimmer in my first tank and ended up taking it out because I didn't really need it.  Some ppl use them, some ppl don't, especially in a nano.  Get the basics, and go from there.

Hope you get your tank soon, waiting is a pain!

I was just looking up the tank (I wasn't familiar with it) and it looks like it's all inclusive.  Looks like you get the protein skimmer with it, along with the top off unit. It didn't look like they were selling it as something extra you could purchase.  It's a nice looking tank. 

31 minutes ago, sadie said:

hahaha, you said that.😜 sorry.  I kept thinking it was just the heater, when I saw Max Nano.  You def want a heater, but before you go ordering too much stuff, like a skimmer, see if you need it first.  I set up a skimmer in my first tank and ended up taking it out because I didn't really need it.  Some ppl use them, some ppl don't, especially in a nano.  Get the basics, and go from there.

Hope you get your tank soon, waiting is a pain!

Yes, waiting is a pain. It was scheduled to be delivered Friday but I received a call Thursday saying they would need to hold the delivery appointment because they could not find the shipment. How exactly you loose a freight shipment is beyond me.... trying to keep my cool.

This is not my first nano (had a BC 14 prior to this) I have been out of the hobby a year or so due to a move and a new little one. I always liked the look of the Red Sea tanks so trying to get it right this time around....not off to a good start though lol.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, sportbob06 said:

Yes, waiting is a pain. It was scheduled to be delivered Friday but I received a call Thursday saying they would need to hold the delivery appointment because they could not find the shipment. How exactly you loose a freight shipment is beyond me.... trying to keep my cool.

This is not my first nano (had a BC 14 prior to this) I have been out of the hobby a year or so due to a move and a new little one. I always liked the look of the Red Sea tanks so trying to get it right this time around....not off to a good start though lol.

Not sure about the size difference of the tanks, but in my RSM 130D there is space to install the heater horizontally near the return pump. I had an unbranded 100W heater (12" long) in there before I moved it to the display as I wasn't able to control temperature that well in the rear section

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the tank in this week after a 2-1/2 week wait on shipping. That's okay because I'm taking it slow with this one anyway. Might have water in it within the next week or two.

IMG_20191107_202718377.jpg

• Like 1