ReefCleaners.org

Feeding Question

FlytheWMark

I have two nano's (10 and 20 gallon), mainly LPS and softies.  No fish, just a cleaner shrimp, sexy shrimp, a fire shrimp and CUC.  Right now I feed every 3 days with a mixture of reef roids, some phyto and frozen shrimp.  I know, I'm a bit heavy on the feeding but everything is growing unbelievably well (almost too well).  I'm thinking to moving the feeding to every 4 days but my question is will the shrimp be ok that long between feedings?

3 hours ago, seabass said:

If you feel it's too much, you might choose to cut down on the amount versus the frequency of the feedings.

Its actually a bit more of a schedule thing.  With travel I am having my wife doing some of the feedings but if i could do every 4 days it takes some of the work off her.  Its all about the wife 😉 

An Eheim autofeeder may help then.  Mine's mounted on an Eheim feedstation too....extra, but nice.  I drop frozen cubes in there too when I'm in too big a hurry to thaw and feed them to the tank manually.

(BTW, I ran my system stocked just about like yours for many years.....loved it.  Tons of safety margin for things like going out of town or the occasional brief power outage. 👍)

• Like 1