Cultivated Reef

xenia

flickj79

i got a purplish looking pumping xenia from the lfs and was wondering what is the best placement for these, bottom up higher in the tank and how long does it take for it to acclimate to the tank it just doesn't look like it did at the fish store

i should probably also stop moving the frag around so much everytime it does open up i think i find a better place to put it and then it closes right back up

xenia is a very tempermental coral, and doesn't respond well when it switches tanks... in my experiences, it will take ~1 week for xenia to fully settle in. in those couple days it might not look so well, but if your water params are ok, the xenia should return to it's normal state very soon.

i placed my xenia at the top of my tank, just because it gives nice depth perception... but i don't think it will matter where you put it once it gets used to your tank.

just give it adequate lighting, and low/meduim flow...that's all there is to it.

P.S. you're right, just leave it in one place, it's stressed already through acclimation so don't stress it more by moving it around.

ok here is my xenia, is it splitting, also if u can see down to the right a lil on the same piece of lr that white tube with the lil worm looking thing coming out what is that?

your xenia looks great...!

i never see my xenia "split" but it does kinda separate at the end of the stalk and the base sometimes sticks to other surfaces (or close rocks)... as for the tube thing, can't tell... maybe a feather duster?

Archived