Top Shelf Aquatics

Switching lights, anything to be aware of?

Garf

Anything I should be aware of before I make the swap this weekend? Going from 36w of Truelumen strip lights to a Red Sea Reef LED 50. I was going to just take some quick measurements with a phone app lux meter to see if I am in the ballpark for the intensity. I do know that they are not so great for measuring blue spectrum, but I figure I can get close enough with the measurements, and calculations based off the manufacturers PAR ratings and such. 

Planning on running the lights under acclimation schedule.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Garf said:

Anything I should be aware of before I make the swap this weekend? Going from 36w of Truelumen strip lights to a Red Sea Reef LED 50. I was going to just take some quick measurements with a phone app lux meter to see if I am in the ballpark for the intensity. I do know that they are not so great for measuring blue spectrum, but I figure I can get close enough with the measurements, and calculations based off the manufacturers PAR ratings and such. 

Planning on running the lights under acclimation schedule.

As long as you acclimate you’ll be fine. When in doubt start lower.