ReefCleaners.org

new corals

rong666

hi, i just bought some new corals, and am a little unclear as how to attach the/or just spear them into the sand bed.

1 flourecsent green sinularia-rubberbanded

1candy cane-wedged in some rock

1 torch coral-speared into the sand bed

question.....will the candy cane attach itself, or do i need to super glue it to live rock. also, will the torch be ok in the sand bed? Its in a standeard 10 gal aga with a 96 watt power quad for light.

thanx in advance,

Ron

Your sinularia would be just fine being rubberbanded onto a rock. Make sure the rubberband is loose enough so as to not cut into the coral, yet, tight enough so that the coral will stay in place and eventually attach to the LR.

For your candy cane coral, it's okay having the boney "stem" wedged into a nook. If you want, you can even superglue it into the hole to make it more secure. That's what I did with my candy cane frag that kept on falling out of the two rocks I had wedged it inbetween.

As for the torch, make sure it is far, far away from other (more docile) corals as it packs a powerful sting. Your tank has a pretty decent 96watts over it, so it'd be okay with it in the sand.

thanx for the advice.

i loosened the rubberband on my sinularia, as it was cutting into the frag. it is now wedged in between 2 rock and seems to be doing fine now. the rest should be good to go. thanx,

ron

Archived