SaltCritters.com

Green things Aiptasia or feather dusters/coco worms?

patrickstar

Hi guys,

I have these green wavy things growing rapidly all over my live rock. Not sure if they are aiptasia or microworms/feather dusters. They dont seem to be irritating the zoanthids next to them. Thank you.

IMG_1832.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, patrickstar said:

Hi guys,

I have these green wavy things growing rapidly all over my live rock. Not sure if they are aiptasia or microworms/feather dusters. They dont seem to be irritating the zoanthids next to them. Thank you.

IMG_1832.jpg

Colonial hydroids. 

On 10/15/2019 at 9:38 PM, patrickstar said:

Hi guys,

IMG_1832.jpg

They're really pretty

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I also have a few of these, but they are so small that it’s hard to get a picture. They don’t multiply in big packs like this picture above, they are singles spread around the tank. Are those still the colonial kind?

100% Colonial Hydroids - I've got a few colonies of them and have had them for 3-4 years at a minimum. They have been totally harmless IME - my acros plate over them, LPS just steamrolls them, and zoas have no problem touching them and looking happy.

• Like 2

Hydroid party. They may die out as the tank gets older and conditions change, they may stick around. If they don't seem to be bothering anything, leave 'em alone. If they do, probably a toothbrush would take them off.