SaltCritters.com

Clarkii pair too much in a 29g?

Lucas H

Total newbie here so I apologize in advance for ignorance.

Can I keep two Clarkii clowns in a mature 29g? Or is that just not enough space for them? There's literally nothing else in the tank yet but a single soft coral and a handful of snails.

I think you’d be alright. Clarkii are one of the more aggressive clown species and they’ll most likely claim the entire tank as their territory. So they’re probably the only fish you can keep in there if your go with a pair 

LiveAquaria is not the be-all, end-all of resources. Some of their recommendations for tank size are a bit off in one direction or the other. Best to get more than one resource, and use some common sense into the bargain.

Excellent, several other sources. That's what you want to do- pick multiple instead of just finding one, especially one that wants to sell you something. 

I wasn't saying LiveAquaria is definitely wrong here. I was saying that it's best not to rely on it and it alone for your tank size recommendations. 

• Like 1