Innovative Marine Aquariums

6 gallon GankPike set up

Greg5528

I looked it up, it looks nice, even has a skimmer.  I just have never bought one.  I had the 6 gal JBJ nano.  I liked it.  Had softies, LPS and some zoas that all did well.  Except the zoas, they melted away. Broke it down and gave it to a friend, kinda kickin myself now.

Definitely like the 12 gallon. 2 gallon back filtration area might allow for addition of some macroalgae. Only concern is lighting for corals. May give it a try and see how it goes. I ran a 55 gallon reef for several years. Did well with no skimmer. Used a refugium and did 10 gallon water changes every two weeks.

• Like 2
totalimmortal363

I recall a review on Amazon mentioning them not being sealed all that well, leaking and things like that. It seems like they’re not really paying all that much attention to quality on these. I looked at the 6 gal as an option to start a work nano reef but ended up passing based on the reviews. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, totalimmortal363 said:

I recall a review on Amazon mentioning them not being sealed all that well, leaking and things like that. It seems like they’re not really paying all that much attention to quality on these. I looked at the 6 gal as an option to start a work nano reef but ended up passing based on the reviews. 

Did you run with anything else instead? 

totalimmortal363

I just recently got a Fluval Evo 5 gallon. Ive wanted a peninsula tank for a while and when I get the go ahead for a small tank at work I found a great deal that I couldn’t pass up. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

For me the most off putting thing about them was they used a Yellow Tang and Blue Tang photoshopped in on the 6 gallon and a mature Emperor Angel and Bannerfish on the 12 gallon model.  Would it kill them to make a semi-realistic effort at showing fish that could actually go into the tank (ie Clownfish, Firefish).  Kind of makes you wonder if they are going to be so blatant in lying about what you could keep in there, what else are they lying about? 

• Thanks 1